Friday, June 18, 2010

no hand modeling in my future...

June Challenge (day #18)

i know i told yall i closed my finger in my car door last month. it was a horrifying experience. it was at the end of a bad night. i waited all day for my parents to get ready to drive down to FAMU (got-damn-u) for my cousin's graduation. during the course of the day i had to go return a gift for my girlfriend so she could pick it up at a local store where she's from because UPS refused to ship it. FED EX refused to ship it. the postal service refused to ship it. so that was the only way. and i HATE returning shit. so me, my mom, & my son go into the store to return it. because first off i HATE returning shit (did i say that before?), second my mom was chilling with me cause we were about to go out of town, thirdly, my mom gets shit done.. so at first they tell me they can't do it. but she works her magic and they go ahead and do it. problem over right?

yea until my girlfriend calls and says they have no record of it. and my ass is about to leave to go out of town finally (at the time i thought..). so i deal with that, we get that handled. then my uncle he visits once out of every 10 years, decides to visit and come with us to the graduation. why is that a big deal? cause FAMU & FSU were having graduations on the same day and every hotel was booked and guess who was looking like they had room for one more person since i guess my son don't need his own bed *seesmic raccoon look*

so we finally get in the car, drive for forever. my dad is whining about having to go piss. so we stop and it turns out all he wants is lotto tickets. because to him, only people in small towns win and he thinks if i stop him off in a enough towns...yanno. we finally get to the hotel after 1am. and i get out to help my dad open the trunk cause i have a suv and you pull the wrong lever it will pop the window, not the door. so i get out cause he moving fast, and i close my door and BAM...my finger as i knew it gone. it was bleeding & swollen in seconds. my mom was, panicking. my dad being the dedicated father & doctor tells me he's going to go get some alieve for the gas station (when truth is all he wanted to do was go get more lotto tickets). my son was patting my leg trying to kiss the "boo boo" on my hand and saying, "it's okay..". and my uncle was acting like he was pissed he couldn't get in the hotel to go to sleep. so we get to the rooms and i wrap it in toilet paper and ice. which was messed up, what kinda hotel don't have paper towels? but anyway. slept in pain, woke up in pain.

my dad told me, it was going to be okay. it was gonna hurt for a while, it was gonna be swollen to just give it time. yet, i noticed the pain was still there weeks later. i also noticed a knot forming under the cut location. every time i saw my dad i asked him, "is this knot going to go away". he'd feel it and say, "eventually". then i noticed my finger looked a little crooked. i asked him, "will my finger be crooked like this?" he'd say, "probably so, it was probably crooked before that.." (which it was, but not that crooked). anyway. now i got a knot. and a crooked middle finger. i can't be a hand model anymore. i can't flick someone off with my right middle finger, without the fear they'll laugh at my deformed finger. *sigh*...oh well back to plan b: underwear model.

8 comments:

★Starrla said...

WOW! LOL! Underwear models are more fun to look at anyway. Oh yeah, trying to get anywhere to stay in Tallahassee during grad weekend is horrible!!! I still love my FAMU though! =)

Supastarrr said...

ouchhhh! i hope it feels better.
at least you only need one middle finger.

Anonymous said...

You could still be the before picture. Go for it!

sunshinestar110 said...

so my finger is crooked for the same damn reason *sobs* just threw my hand model dreams out the door! now my fam laughs at my ill formed finger when i flip the bird lol and plz plz keep ur damn pants on!

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

@starrla monae: yea. that's what i heard. *trying on my boxers in the mirror, trying to look sexy at the same time* you went to famu?..

@supastarrr: i need both middle fingers cause i like to give double birds for emphasis. lol

@hightopsandpearls: gee thanks, you are SO encouraging..lol

@sunshinestar110: aww..see we share a common bond. maybe we can model for deformed finger groups? and no i have to take my pants off now. modeling is in my future & i'm too short to do it any other way..lol

★Starrla said...

Yes I went to FAMU. I love Tallahassee! LOL (Sometimes)

xxxx said...

i rather see a man in underwear than him showing me his hand anyway.. so plan B it is.. go head

Anonymous said...

I mean I try. Silver lining and alla that...