Friday, August 5, 2011

day#5 music challenge


day#5: a song that reminds me of someone..

Digable Planets-  "REBIRTH OF SLICK (COOL LIKE THAT)"

you'd never in a million years guess who this makes me think of.

my dad.

my dad stripped out of his clothes donned some leather pants and and vest and embarrassed the hell out of me at my birthday party. this was his favorite song. and he told me if they played it...he was going to dance. and me, thinking he was bullshitting asked the DJ to put this shit on. i didn't even see him anywhere around. i was like, "this is my dad's favorite song. and the next thing i know this dude come walking in the room in some leather pants and a leather vest (no shirt) and starts dancing. it had to be the coolest shit he ever did. yes it was embarrassing, but it was embarrassing in a "wow....." kinda way. my dad is a very funny guy. but only with me & my mom. he's a very reserved and "professional" acting around "company". so for him to do this was like one of the best, funniest, and entertaining gifts he ever gave me. every time i hear this song, i think of him. and that damn vest & leather pants.


3 comments:

Krissy said...

Man i'd pay a quarter to see that!

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

@krissy: it's gonna take more than a quarter to make him do it again..lol

Freckles said...

we be to rap what key be to lock