Saturday, August 6, 2011

day #6 music challenge


day#6: a song that reminds me of somewhere..

LUDACRIS feat. FIELD MOB & JAMIE FOX- "GEORGIA"
RAY CHARLES- "GEORGIA ON MY MIND"



i know everyone claims to love where they're from, but i really LOVE where i'm from.   i love being from georiga. i love being from a place where people speak to one another while walking down the street. i've stayed here and there, but there is no place like HOME. and there are tons of "where i'm from songs" out, but can't shit touch "georgia on my mind" by Ray Charles to me. it's like a state anthem. i guess it's equivalent to how ppl in alabama feel when they hear lynyrd skynyrd's "sweet home alabama".  so when luda dropped "Georgia" and that beat hit the truck...you couldn't tell me shit.

my favorite line:
 
"where they usta call us some bamas, now they jockin' the grammar..watch your mouth, less you out for some manners.." - shawn jay 
 
 


 

 

 
 


3 comments:

Monique said...

Actually, that is our state song. LOL I feel you though. There is NO place like Georgia. The true South.

sunshinestar110 said...

So confession is I love this song even tho i'm not from georgia its on my ipod as we speak

Freckles said...

i am not from GEORGIA but I was so glad to have lived there. I wish that I could have stayed but i will always be proud of where I am from too.