Thursday, August 4, 2011

day#4 music challenge


day#4: a song that makes me sad...

TANK- "I CAN'T MAKE YOU LOVE ME

i don't even think i got to explain this one. this is one of those songs that if you've ever loved someone. if you've ever felt jilted in love. if you've ever felt like you gave more than the other person, you can't help but feel it, relate to it, and live it. i played this song for about 2 weeks straight when i was having my pity party.

i had never seen the video till i looked for it for this post. it's weird cause not only is keisha (the chick in the video aka rudy huxtable) my homegirl from college . her and my chick favor A LOT. so if i would have saw this shit a month & a half ago i think i would have lost my mind. cause it really makes me feel it more. but even overrun with emotion, i can't help but feel like that damn bottle of nuvo on the piano ruins the video. seems like a commercial totally distracts me and makes me want to go get a drink. and listen to this song. and yanno...punch something. and call my chick on some marvin's room shit, even though we ain't broken up.



me: "fuck that nigga....that you love so bad, i know you still think of the times we had..."

her: are you drunk right now?

me: i'm just saying..you can do better..

her: nigga we still together..go to sleep.

me: ok. goodnight


5 comments:

sushi said...

the bonnie raitt version of this song will have me bawling. i have no idea if it's the original version, i just know it's older than this 1.

Krissy said...

Bonnie sang the original but my fav version is by Prince. I love tanks voice tho.

★Starrla said...

When I first got Tank's album this song used to put me all in my feelings.

LOL at this dialogue at the end.

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

@sushi: you and all this user names. lol. and yea the bonnie raitt is the original. but this one right here i can feel cause it's from a guys voice and feels more vulnerable. the album version is actually better than this video version because you can feel that shit.

@krissy: i'ma still go with tank on this one.

@starrla: shit..that dialogue..would really happy. be thinking i'm joking lol

sunshinestar110 said...

first i hate you for the ending to this post lmao and second this the ringer on my phone don't judge me