Saturday, November 3, 2012

i am thankful challenge...day#3


"a friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow" - William Shakespeare

day# 3: i'm thankful for my friends...

when i'm happy, they're there. when i'm sad, they're there. even when i think i'm alone, they're there. my friends aren't deserters. even the one's who i don't talk to as often or they pretend to be fake mad at me. at any moment i needed them or they needed me we'd be there for each other. because that's the type of person i am, and those are the kind of people i befriend. we stay to the end and are always here →←, there , and everywhere . i thank God for surrounding me with people who feel more like family than friends. you are who your friends are, and if i'm a reflection of my friends it must mean i'm a pretty damn good person myself. cause my friends are kick ass awesome. every single damn one of them.

i'm not the kind of guy who calls everyone my friend. it's never been easy for me to trust or depend on others. so when i say i totally trust & depend on these people i'm honestly saying i love them to death. you get a lot of people who pass through your life, but it's the people who never leave that make your life amazing. once i'm your my friend, we're friends forever...even if you piss me off. because that's what friendship is. it's a bond. it's a relationship. it isn't dependent on things we do, or say to one another. it's dependent on how much that person matters to you. and even if i curse you to the depths of hell...i don't mean it, because at the end of the day i still care about you. you're still my friend, and i'm thankful for the memories and times shared with you. i may want to throw you into the fire, but i'd risk 3rd degree burns trying to pull you back out. because real friends don't grow on trees, aren't easy to find, and aren't ever possible to replace.

❤ my friends...

5 comments:

★Starrla said...

YES. I'm so grateful for GOOD and TRUE friends. I get so perplexed when people proudly proclaim that they don't have friends and pretend to be ok with that.

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

@starrla monae: yea i doubt friendless ppl are ok with that. i think when ppl proclaim that, it's because they are lacking a real core of friends. like freckles said on her blog, it's not the quantity is the quality. it's a blessing to have real friends.

Freckles said...

shout out to me.... woop woop [INSERT DANCE HERE]

so glad that yall are doing this challenge with me.

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

@freckles yanno one way to get my ass to blog is to challenge me to some shit.

Freckles said...

Just doing my part as your cross country girlfriend. HA. Keep you writing positively and keep your mind active.