Sunday, November 18, 2012

i am thankful challenge...day#17

day#17: i am thankful for something materialistic...


life isn't about riches. it's not about how much you have or what you can buy. life is about living. but in a world where money is held above most things, its always nice to have it.

i am thankful not for the riches, but for the ability to take care of my son & my responsibilities. i live a humble life. a lot of my friends refer to me as Jason Pitts from the tv show " the Game". because unlike a lot of people in my position i don't spend money unwisely. my parents taught me growing up that money doesn't make the man, but it's important to have.

so i make money, i get things here & there but i don't go overboard. that's what separates you from the greedy. to truly be thankful is to acknowledge that you've been blessed and to act responsible with that blessing.  God gives you riches to enrich your life, not to sway you from the path of righteousness. it's okay to prosper as long as you don't lose yourself in the process.

No comments: