Thursday, May 21, 2009

friend 2 lover.....



why is it so hard to understand women? i know the same can be said for guys. but honestly, women are a whole different creature in itself. i've always prided myself as a "say how you feel" type guy. so i'm not one of those guys women sit around and wonder what's going on in my head.

in fact most times, they wish i'd stop saying what was going on in my head. i'm a straight forward, straight shooter. if i'm into you, infatuated, in love, engrossed, close to be a stalker for you..i'll let you know. no guessing here ladies! so when i get a chick that is nothing like me, and i have to guess at everything she's feeling it's like...w . t . f . ? if i'm your friend beforehand. like we've been friends for years, why you acting like you don't know me? i find that dating/talking/liking someone you've known for years leads to one thing. the only thing they remember about you & your past friendship was all the chicks you dated, what you did with them, & how you felt. and that is used against you more then anything you could possibly do in the present with them aside from cheating on them.

how do you get that old friend back? the one who isn't afraid to tell you how they feel. the one who listens & isn't judgemental or keeping a list of things to throw in your face later? when i get with a lady, i pretty much put her before my other friends. that is if she is suppose to be there. and yall know what i mean. if a chick is trifling, just using you for money, status, or cause she bored...you don't put her before your homies. but if a chick is for real, and that's who you trying to spend all your time with then when you boys come calling you tell them to get at you later. but what if you get with a double standard chick?

a chick who don't want you to do anything, but (in t.i. voice) "she can do whatever she like...". a chick who will hang out with countless male friends, but don't want you to even text your female friends back a "hello" w/o there being trouble. or she get on that jealous tip where she hear you talking to the cashier at the grocery store and swear you're flirting with her. it's like the entire time we've been friends you aint check that i don't randomly just get with ladies like that? not only that have you heard stories where i was juggling two or three girls at one time? if i didn't have hoe-like tendencies before we started kicking it..why you think they've developed into grown ups overnight?

sometimes i feel like you shouldn't mess with friends. and more than likely i'm straying away from it if the opprotunity arises in the future. it's like it's great to have someone you have history with. you love & respect, and you value them already as a friend. but the issues & baggage that the shit brings is not the business...

2 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

I've never had that problem.
Everyone I've ever dated was new in my life.
I didn't have any real guy friends in school or growing up that wanted to date me...lol.
I was the ugly duckling throughout school and never had a boyfriend. (not even for the first time I had sex)

I completely understand what you are talking about though. I know that if I had met my husband back in the day before we actually got together and saw who he dated and knew all of the things he was doing when he wasn't around any of the girls I probably would be skeptical of what he would do dating me.
It's is for the best not to date someone from the past.

My past would have been a total deal breaker.

P.S. Thanks for the advice on my last post. I usually go back and re-comment.

Beyond Danielle said...

"if i'm your friend beforehand. like we've been friends for years, why you acting like you don't know me? i find that dating/talking/liking someone you've known for years leads to one thing. the only thing they remember about you & your past friendship was all the chicks you dated, what you did with them, & how you felt. and that is used against you more then anything you could possibly do in the present with them aside from cheating on them."


If you find an answer to this please let me know